Appetites are powerful. They are the cause of every form of bad that can come to our lives. If allowed to take their natural course in our lives, they can destroy our greatest potential – especially when it comes to what we put into our mouth. I realize this is a strong statement, but think about it for a moment. Whether we want to admit it or not, we are led by our appetites. All of our senses – sight, hearing, smelling, touching, and tasting – affect our daily decisions.
Because we are creatures of habit, once we get our brain hardwired with a habit – food or otherwise – it’s difficult to break it’s influence on our lives. If left unchecked, we will destroy our health one bit at a time. Do you have some bad eating habits? Are you at a place in your life where if you were to be totally honest with yourself and others about it? If you don’t like what you see in the mirror after a shower, you are plagued with illness, fatigue, and an overall lack of ambition to become a healthier and more active YOU, then these easy to follow steps for replacing bad eating lifestyle habits with good eating lifestyle habits are for you.
1) Be willing to acknowledge that your habit/lifestyle is harmful or destructive for your well-being. This means seeing what you are doing as something that is not good for you and seeing the negative consequence on your life if you do not change.
2) Recognize the source of knowledge and wisdom that provides the best path to follow in order to replace the habit/lifestyle that you know is unhealthy for you.
3) Make a determination to change what you know is not in your best interest and the best interest of those you love, by replacing what you are doing that is unhealthy for you with a more healthy habit that will supersede the impulses of your bad habit(s).
4) Submit yourself to someone who you trust who will hold you accountable for your decision to make positive changes in your life – starting with replacing your bad habits with good and healthy lifestyle habits.
5) Be consistent in your determination to see the goal of replacing bad habits with healthier habits as the positive change in your life that you want to see become a reality.
Better health and fitness is a process. It does not happen overnight. It’s a DAILY journey. It is YOU deciding that YOU WILL be proactive in your eating and lifestyle choices. Your success in improving your health and well-bring will not be from taking huge leaps at a time. It will come by committing to patiently take the small incremental daily steps in the right direction towards the ultimate goal you have of becoming a better, more healthy, and more successful individual in life.
Are you ready to make the changes you need to find a happier, healthier, and more active lifestyle that can change the way you look and feel? If so, take a moment and subscribe to the Veggie Chronicles Newsletter. This will be a great way to begin your new and healthier lifestyle.