It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. If you know anyone that drinks any sort of sweetened carbonated beverage, they all have similar results to these as tested using Coca Cola (r). The same pretty much happens with any other soft drink so don’t run out and buy some other sort of carbonated, sugar sweetened soft drink. The same can be said about anything with high fructose corn syrup. But, today, I just want to focus on Coca Cola.
When somebody drinks a 16 oz. Coca Cola or similar product, watch what happens!
- In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system (over 100% of your recommended daily intake). You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down. If your body did not produce phosphoric acid, you would almost immediately vomit it back up.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat.
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption from the Coca Cola is complete. Your pupils dilate. Your blood pressure rises. Your livers continues dumping more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing the drowsiness you would normally feel from the effects of the sugar, because of the caffeine.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- 60 minutes and beyond: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium. Not good if you want to have healthy strong bones.
- 60 Minutes and beyond: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play making you have to urinate. As you do, your body urinates the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones, as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water which are all vital to your health and energy level. As the spinning metabolic top inside of you stops spinning, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish, even drowsy. In some instances a person can barely keep their eyes open. As the digestive cycle of your drink come to an end, you have urinated all the water that was in the Coke along with the valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like having the ability to hydrate your body, and build strong bones and teeth.
Note: The metabolic events that I have just outlined do not include the harmful affects of carbonation found in all sodas. It also does not include the dangerous affects of artificial sweeteners that are almost entirely produced from aspartame, a sweetener that has mounting scientific evidence that it is the cause of a great many of modern society’s chronic health issues, including brain lesions and cancer. Read more about aspartame here.
If I could encourage you to do anything positive for your health that I could, and you would only do one single thing that I asked, it would be for you to stop drinking carbonated beverages (diet or otherwise), and to stop giving them to your children. The health hazards are as bad as heroin.
Post your comments or leave your hate mail in the comments section below, and as always share the love with your favorite social media network by choosing your favorite one below!