Kiwi Strawberry Carrot Juice Smoothie
If you are not juicing veggies and fruits at least a few times a week, I want to encourage you to consider doing it. If you don’t have a juicer, you can get a very affordable start with something like the Hamilton Beach centrifugal juicer (see advertisement in footer) which will be a great start for you if you are just breaking into the health and vitality movement. If you already have a juicer, here is a great recipe for a great afternoon pick me up smoothie.
1 cup water
2 cups chopped kale (about 1/2 inch pieces)
2 ripe kiwi
1 cup firm strawberries
1 pound carrots
1 cup ice
- Start the smoothie out by blending 1 cup of water and two cups chopped kale in a blender until thoroughly pureed.
- Add 2 pealed ripe kiwi and 1 cup strawberries and blend until thoroughly pureed with kale.
- Juice 1 pound of organic carrots using your centrifugal juicer.
- Combine carrot juice with pureed kale, kiwi, and strawberries.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a tall glass, squeeze in lemon wedge, and garnish with kiwi slice and strawberry.